Here are some papers relevant to the business and
services of INST.
- North-West England Regional Strategy
- Written in August 1999 as an individual commentary, it highlights
the opportunities for using ICT as a major regional integrating force,
and the need for regional bodies to co-ordinate their information
- Communities and the Internet
- Written in September 1999, this paper looks at how the Internet
can help local e-commerce, skills, and community development.
- E-commerce for small businesses
- Written over the summer of 1999 for the IeC'99 conference
in November, this looks at the different stages that small businesses
go through towards e-commerce, and the implications for analysis.
- Lessons for e-microbusiness support
- Written in March 2001, as a result of a month of giving advice
to small businesses in Merseyside funded by UKOnlineforbusiness.
E-portfolio systems supporting learning and Personal Development Planning
- Given at the ePortfolio conference in La Rochelle, October 2004, this
expresses much of my background in the e-portfolio world.
Clear e-portfolio definitions: a prerequisite for effective interoperability
- Given at the ePortfolio conference in Cambridge, October 2005, this
I explain one of the key challenges at present facing the e-portfolio domain.