On not having kept a journal

Or, indeed, written in any coherent reflective way. For a long time I have wondered, what am I doing chasing new ideas? If it were focused, fine; if it were part of a deliberate attempt to be open to particular kinds of new things, fine; but no, perhaps like many other people, I find myself, well, surfing the web, as it used to be called.

So, I was thinking of having a New Year's resolution to write more. As it happened, today's Brain Pickings resolution number 2 was from Virginia Woolf: Keep a Diary. And then, I've been following Peter Limberg's Stoa Journal, which has many admirable features to it.

What do I want to do here? Ah, so many things...

It's not important to me to have a 'readership': if these posts are there for people to read when they seek them, that's fine. It is for me, a new year's resolution.

Topics: journal-writing

If you have any remarks on any of my posts, please send me e-mail, saying what you want me to do with your remarks. Are they private to you and me, or would you be happy to quote you (I will always attribute your words unless you ask me not to), and add your response (or parts of it) to the post it's about?